Wick meeting 29th Jan 2017

willibob
The first chance of a fly since before Christmas. The weather forecast was hopeful for a dry morning with rain returning 14.00 ish with a reasonable wind. Arrived around  10.00 gate locked and no wind or other members however a quick call to mark who was in his office and the gate was unlocked. The field was a bit tacky so parked in the car park and walked on to the field. Surprisingly the air was still and no wind so thoughts of flying my 2 line 6 stack deltas was soon forgotten and a 20 min chat to Mark was the better option. The 4 mtr light wind delta was then thought to be the better option but after assembly and taking out on to the field another change of mind. The wind fans came on and too much for the light wind delta so out came the stack not seen for about 3 years and after some untangling of the stack lines into the air they went. After 5mins I was getting tired arms so a rest was in order and glad to see Frank & Daphne who had made the journey from Suffolk and one of the new members also arrived bringing with them a sharp shower just long enough for a coffee break in the car and then all fine with clearing skies giving us perfect flying conditions. Vernon & Margret arrived making it a small group of dedicated flyers. Those who couldn't make it missed the best flying for some time, the wind was so true it was unbelievable for an inland venue, but it is winter and the days are short so by 1600 all kites were packed away just in time as a few spots of rain appeared on the screen as we drove out of the park which developed into a wet night. Hope the next meeting is at least half as good.