Wick Kite fest

Turboman
Tomorrow, who's going, the weather does not look to clever. If its not peeing down with rain I will go their even if its just for a ride out. Hope to some of you their.

Re: Wick Kite fest

Mark
Hmm, walk a couple of miles with kite gear, get 2 trains, half hour walk then chance standing in rain for the day, return wet or...
Sunday roast with the family, decisions, decisions...

Re: Wick Kite fest

Turboman
Theres only one answer to that have an extra glass of wine with the Sunday roast and stay in the warm.

Re: Wick Kite fest

I hope to go but probably later than usual. Weather set to be wet in the morning but clearing later hopefully.

Re: Wick Kite fest

Turboman
Looking out the window at the moment just after 9am and its wet, well it would, seeing as its P------g down with rain. So not looking to hopeful for today.

Re: Wick Kite fest

Turboman
10.30 just slowing down with rain. Sun came out went back in and started to rain again. I just looked on Google maps at Wick and a picture came up of the park with Kites flying.

Re: Wick Kite fest

willibob
Yes the weather man was correct Rain till 11.00 then sunshine and cloud but more important wind and as it was from the south quite mild making it a super afternoon of flying.

Re: Wick Kite fest

FrankW
A log of the wettest day ever predicted by the kite flying pundits:

Arrived at 11.15 - no rain good wind.
Flew until 12.15 - no rain good wind.
A couple of drops of rain as we ate our roast pork with apple sauce sandwiches  - good wind.
Flew until 4PM - no rain good wind.
Packed up - no rain good wind.

Thanks for all who turned up. Ernie, Sandra, Phil, Micheal, Vernon, Margaret, Daphne, Me.

I suspect we will not get another day as good until next spring.
Frank Wright

Re: Wick Kite fest

Mark
"wettest day ever predicted"

now you suspect we'll not get another day as good for some time. Really?

Re: Wick Kite fest

JamRok
Sometimes there are reasons that members are unable to attend other than the weather, please remember this.

Re: Wick Kite fest

Turboman
This post was updated on .
well thats all right then cos im not all that keen on roast pork an apple sandwiches