Wick Kite fest

Turboman
Today at Wick was a little lacking of wind but what a fantastic day the sun shone all day long with a lot of sitting around chatting plus a fair bit of eating and drinking coffee. It was great to see every body. June and I enjoyed the day. Better luck next time with the wind but kite flyers are never happy its either to strong to weak to blustery.

Re: Wick Kite fest

Mark
I too really enjoyed the event, it was definitely a day where you just don't stake your kite down. Luckily we don't normally get so many changes in the wind direction.
The kite workshop reportedly did very well & the results were plain to see out on the field.

Mark the groundskeeper was pleased to hear that the Sparrowhawk was (presumably) nesting nearby.

Re: Wick Kite fest

FrankW
A good day despite the variable wind and its direction, I swear it moved 180 degrees at one point.

A big thank you to the kite making team!
Frank Wright

Re: Wick Kite fest

FrankW
Just received this from the Friends of Wick Park Chair Nikki:

"Hi Frank
The committee and I would like to thank you and all the kiters for all your help and support at the Kite Festival last Sunday. It was such a successful day and it was great to see all those children with their families having such a wonderful time. A hundred and sixty kites were made and only one child arrived after we ran out which was very fortunate. I trust the Kite Group enjoyed it as much as we did although I appreciate you would have preferred more wind.

Believe it or not we are now having to plan and book next years calendar. Would you be willing to come again on a similar date next year?

On our behalf please thank all your group and we hope to see them again next year.

Kind regards

Nikki Gibson
Chair FOWCP"

So, a good job done by all I think.
Frank Wright

Re: Wick Kite fest

Turboman
Thats a big thumbs up and I would think a definite yes to her question providing our committee can work it in. It will get my support if I can. Well done one and all