Wick / AGM 16th March 2014

Mark
Though we had a fair turn-out of club members, I was expecting to see a few more not-so-regulars especially when you look at what brilliant weather we had... and a great spread of food too!

It was nice to meet up with some of the club members, the monsoons and family issues meant I hadn't been kite flying for what seemed ages, I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Membership fees remain the same - so get in touch with Vernon before too long.
The issue of spell-checking on the Nabble forums was raised.. Nabble hasn't implemented one saying it's more usual for users to use one installed in their browser.
I use FireFox myself and had to manually add a spell-checker but it seems Internet Explorer in both Windows 7 & 8 has one already installed and can be turned on/off under Settings>Programs>Manage add-ons>Spelling correction. Don't forget to make sure English (UK) dictionary is the default.
If you have a different set-up, contact me with your Windows & Browser versions and I'll see if I can find a solution.
The beauty of having a spell checker in your browser is that it works the whole time you are browsing or form filling as opposed to just having one work on the Nabble forum.

Re: Wick / AGM 16th March 2014

Turboman
You have made no mention that if we put any comments or information on this forum we now have to send everything to Vernon to go in to Kite Wings. Im am still a bit mystified by this should I now send this to him?

Re: Wick / AGM 16th March 2014

Mark
Hi John,
That's not the case at all, people only need send relevant magazine content to Vernon if they so wish.

Any particular item discussed at the AGM should be conveyed to the members/public in a way that the committee see fit, if Vernon or Ernie wants me to post a website or forum article/message, then I'll post it.

Here, I've only raised 2 points, subs are unchanged, needed to get that out so people know and the bit that did involve me, spell checking.

Anyone at the AGM would have heard Vernon's reasoning for not wanting to copy & paste already published media and I can't comment on that.