Wick 1st June 14

willibob
The weather was kind to us warm & sunny all day. The wind however was very light to nil making it a day for ultra low wind kites and fighters although the wind picked up a little towards late afternoon.
It was a nice turn out with Daphne & Frank coming from the Suffolk borders, Marc Bridge from Colchester, quite a journey for the three of them, Mark Taylor Chelmsford, Vernon & Margret  north  west Essex and Keith , Courtney, Lynn, Ernie, Sandra, Colin & Maurice from south west Essex.
It was particularly nice to see Maurice come along after the passing of Glenda. His daughter Wendy kindly brought him along and Colin. No doubt some of our senior members will remember Wendy coming to kite meets when she was a little girl.
It was good to see Mark Taylor again our webmaster who sadly lost his dad three weeks ago.
On a happier note Courtney & Lynn’s 3 grandchildren turned up with their mum & dad joining us on the field with their Diamond & Butterfly kites.
Before lunch winds almost nil but for a little flurry sometimes enough to get a fighter or ninja airborne for a while but difficult to sustain.
After lunch and with more determination and slight improvement in the wind more kites were able to be flown. Genki & Rokkaku’s from Courtney. Urban Ninja, Ginga and Canard from Ern. Urban Ninja & Thermic delta from Mark T. Bowed flat box from Vernon, Ginga & Pearson Roller from Colin, although Keith took over the roller from Colin and Frank & Daphne flew a variety of fighters .
Marc B showed off his cell kite but insufficient wind for it to fly. Made by our own Norman Cotterell how great it would be to have Norman flying with us again but we know age has taken its toll and I’m sure if he could he would. Best regards old friend I know you will probably read this.
Around 16.30 the group drifted away to leave Courtney & Lynn with their family enjoying a picnic and games with the children.
Hope to see you all at the next gathering.

Ern