Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

Mark
As the title says, who plans on going to Hylands Park this coming Sunday?

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

Turboman
Will we need to bring a boat

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

Did any body go the lack of responce suggested no one went

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

Mark
As far as I could tell, about 10 people turned up, I arrived late & there were several kites up.

BTW John, no reply from HF about that picture

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

graeme
This post was updated on .
Hi,
    took the opportunity of a nearly local meet (1Hr 15mins away) to come and introduce myself to the club, met a fistfull of you and would like to thank all for a friendly welcome.
 First time at Hylands for me , potentially a good flying site (with the rare oppotunity to get some real height), the mud and standing water prevented me from going over the top, as far as kites in the air was concerned. Still managed to get something up.
 Mersea is my next 'local' meet, hope to see you all again soon
Elvis, my pet mouse has died,        he was caught in a trap

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

Turboman
Hi Graeme welcome to the club. Where is Mersea as you did say local.

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

graeme
That would be Mersea island - Cudmore Grove park
 (Local - still 45 mins away)
Elvis, my pet mouse has died,        he was caught in a trap

Re: Who is going to Hylands meet Sunday 2nd Feb?

willibob
It made a change to have a dry day and for the sun to show itself. Although a little damp and muddy underfoot the day was excellent.
Great to see new member Graeme from the Suffolk borders and Phil with son Michael back in the uk again between his cruises to the Malaysian merchant ports.
The wind was not perfect but sufficient for lifters to be flown successfully for the first time in several weeks and to support some line laundry which attracted the public and their camera's.
Twelve members turned up, sorry I had to leave early but the kites & line laundry looked fabulous as I looked back over the park on my way to Harwich
Many thanks to you all for making the effort to turn out and support your club in what has been a very wet winter
Look forward to seeing you all and more members at the next meetings