When is a kite not a kite?

Mark
When it's a plane, a glider or something else.. like a windmill?

The other evening I watched the BBC's Horizon program, 10 things you need to know about the future

One article that caught my eye was a Norwegian project called KiteMill, basically it's a tethered craft that generates up to 30Kwh of power as it corkscrews in a downwind path, more info HERE.
The craft is intelligent enough to find the best wind and when the wind drops it will return to base.

I've heard of this before using kites but not planes, interesting as it could be more efficient than land based wind turbines but obviously these ones can't be used out at sea