What kite for Altitude Sprint?

Mark
What sort of kite do people recommend for an Altitude Sprint this Sunday at Royston?
Currently winds are forecast at 14 to 25mph which is certainly well over limit for a standard Dunton Taylor with 3mm spars

Re: What kite for Altitude Sprint?

FrankW
Perhaps more experienced fliers amongst us will come up with some suggestions.

...I will be flying my old Conyne Delta - it never wins, but it shows willing :)
Frank Wright

Re: What kite for Altitude Sprint?

Turboman
Use a giant flowform you may not win but it will give you a bit of excitement. Plus impress the crowd.

Re: What kite for Altitude Sprint?

The Conyne is a good choice if the wind is as predicted but the recent forecast indicates the wind could less. We will just have to cope with what we get as always, but I do hope we get smooth winds.

Re: What kite for Altitude Sprint?

Mark
Thanks Ernie, I was thinking Conyne.

Anyone else thinking about this for tomorrow, make sure you have plenty of line, last year I run out

As it's possibly going to be windy they sometimes reduce the time limit, the important thing to remember is that when the time is up your kite needs to up there and not way back with a ton of line out and having to wait for it slowly reach its apex. Normally they give you 10 seconds for the kites to settle down before arguing about whose kite has won.

Good luck!