Tiptree Cheap Shop

Mark
I was in there yesterday & noticed they had some very good value packs of wood dowel.
I picked up a bunch of 5 x 5mm rods priced at £1.99, they look to be a semi-dark, semi hardwood. Ideal for traditional kite building on a budget.
There were a few other sizes & not a great selection but worth having a look if you are in the area.
I can recommend you try a lunch at the Tiptree Jam Factory too, their quiches are gorgeous.
Also in the area, our old flying site at Perrywoods is slowly being eaten up by more and more parking which is all hard standing now.

Re: Tiptree Cheap Shop

willibob
Thanks Mark for the info. I was recommended to visit the cheap shop by a quilter a couple of months ago and visit Tiptree jam factory. I shall now move it up on my things to do list.

Re: Tiptree Cheap Shop

Mark
You wont regret visiting either place, just leave yourself plenty of time to browse through the shop, it's always very well stocked top to bottom... and beyond!