Thorndon Park 17th Jan 2016

willibob
Cold start with a sprinkling of snow but the ground was in fair condition and no mud patches. The wind was almost nil so definitely a ninja session to start with and with plenty of room on the field as there was only me
 Joined by a couple with a little girl flying her plastic princess kite the wind showed signs of improving and my ninja started to hold itself stable and wanting to take line.
Another family arrived with their 4 children with kiddies kites enjoying the thrill of kite flying but the wind was still a little light for them however soon after the wind increased, too much for the ninja so a change was required.
Decided a stack of the old Asda kites would be suitable and they flew well until about 1400. The wind slacked off again and I decided to call it a day.
Packing away the kites and Tony G arrived but after chatting he decided not to stay so we said our good byes
A good winter fly day and the opportunity of flying something different from the big lifters but it would have been better with company.

Re: Thorndon Park 17th Jan 2016

Turboman
This post was updated on .
I Looked out the window yesterday at the snow and said pity it's not sunny with a bit of wind we could go kite flying as I have not been this year and I could fly my new kites form under the duvet the reply came if you do your on your own mmmm thought I so got back under the duvet myself.