The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
In the near future there will be an interruption to the way that people can access the EKG's website.

Presently there are two ways to access our website, either via the traditional web address:
http://www.essexkitegroup.co.uk/

or via the alternative Yola address:
http://essexkitegroup.yolasite.com/

Both links will take you to the exact same website.. for now.

Shortly the essexkitegroup.co.uk address will be unlinked from the Yola web host and signed up with a new web host. This means that this address will be unavailable for a short time but the second yolasite.com address will remain on-line the whole time and the website will be updated as usual.

You are urged to bookmark and start using the yolasite.com address straight away.

After the change is completed users will be asked to revert back to the essexkitegroup.co.uk address which will be on the new web host. This change will enable the website to expand and provide a better experience as Yola has been somewhat limiting & awkward to program.

The Yola website will then no longer get updated and only serve as a forwarding link to the new website.

If anyone has any problems during the change, please either post here or contact the WebMaster via the website.

Watch this space for further developments.
EKG WebMaster

Re: The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
Update:
Tonight it appears that phase one is complete, the EKG's website has been unlinked from Yola and is being set up on the new host.

To access the current website please use the http://essexkitegroup.yolasite.com/ web address.
EKG WebMaster

Re: The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
I was hoping to have the new website up and running by now but health issues have got in the way.. together with a lack of brain capacity trying to suss out some of the new fan-dangled elements of the new site.
I hope to have the main website back on-line by the end of the week with the exception of the photos/video pages. A lot of work to do there!

The Yola site continues to be updated as & when necessary, so continue using that for now.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible... as they say
EKG WebMaster

Re: The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
Well, we have a website in place now with all the important bits in place, it's taken a lot longer than expected because I've been having problems with the picture slide-shows and getting things to look right in different browsers, those areas are very much still 'work in progress'...

Take a look at the new website and feedback any issues you have.
If you do have problems with it, continue to use the Yola site for now.
EKG WebMaster

Re: The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
Another update, the 2013 Event Reports page is now on-line, take a look, report any issues.
The slide shows work OK, they should resize the pictures down to a reasonable size for your monitor, only problem I find is that you may get an odd accented A above the slide show when scaled down and on your mobile phone the slide shows are quite small, probably a good thing on a mobile data network.

So that's the 2013 events done, I'll just sit here now and wait for the 2014 Event Reports, pictures and videos to come rolling in.

I could make different versions of future reports, one for faster downloads (smaller pictures) and another for higher resolution pictures, anyone interested in this option?

I can't see a reason not to use the new website from now on, only the Photo/Video page needs attention.
EKG WebMaster

Re: The club is changing it's web host, what you need to know

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
The old Yolasite website is no more, it's gone for good. Deleted & account closed.
EKG WebMaster