Sunday meet

Turboman
If the weather is anything like to day I will not be going tomorrow as it was sleet this morning and bloody cold

Re: Sunday meet

Mark
I must admit that the forecast for tomorrow is looking worse than what was forecast when I first looked this morning. It's now 20mph plus winds and 50% chance of rain lunch time.

Who 'is' going tomorrow?

Re: Sunday meet

Turboman
NOT ME

Re: Sunday meet

FrankW
Me and Daphne will be there!
Frank Wright

Re: Sunday meet

Mark
That's good, at least I know someone else is going, I'll be there then.. just not at the crack of dawn.

Re: Sunday meet

Turboman
Talking of the crack of dawn our dinner dance took us close to that time arriving home  and we have only just finished breakfast at nearly lunch time. Hope you guys get a good fly it always works out if i cant get there you all have a cracking time

Re: Sunday meet

Mark
A surprisingly good meeting!
I had my doubts about the weather but so glad I went, it was fine, dry.. and windy.
We had Frank & Daphne, myself, John F, Vernon (and presumably Margaret) and Tony G.
We were however outnumbered by all others flying there, such a surprise!
My Kiwi Fishing Kite took a beating as did Franks triangular box and Tony's high wind delta which didn't really get airborne. The flow-tail flew well for the most part as did Daphne's smaller box illusion kite, too much wind for John's stunt kite but later I tested out my newly built 2-line basic stunt kite which we all had goes with.

Don't forget the next meeting at Wick which is the Christmas dinner, remember raffle prizes!

Re: Sunday meet

FrankW
 A great day with a lot of sun and wind in equal measure.

Thanks to Mark for letting me try out his two line stunt kite - I think I preferred the "stretchy line" version :)

At times the small number of EKG members who attended were outnumbered by the general public flying kites, or like some of us (meaning me), trying to fly their kites. Nice to see so many kids kites in the air.

Finally, thanks to the members who took the time to show some families the correct way to assemble their kites, and which way to point them:)
Frank Wright

Re: Sunday meet

Mark
A trio of mobile phone pics...

Re: Sunday meet

kgallifant
Sorry guys I was there but did not go round and say hi. I put up my box kite but it couldn’t take it. I got out my small green and white parafoil kite I flew it for a bit my son his girlfriend and his mate had a little go and my wife flew it for a bit. I had my dog Max the black Labrador with me as well and we ended up walking him mostly. I see you flying the stunt kites and nearly got mine out but ended up drinking tea instead ;-)

I must go round and say hi in future :-)

Kev

Re: Sunday meet

FrankW
I thought it might be you Kev - I should have come over, sorry.

I did talk to your son though and watched your box kite distort - it was that sort of day :)
Frank Wright

Re: Sunday meet

Mark
Many thanks to Frank, there's more pictures from yesterdays meeting in the Essex Kite Groups photo galleries

http://photos.essexkitegroup.co.uk/#!home