Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

FrankW
Just a quick note to say that despite a wicked rumour, as far as I and the internet are concerned this festival is still on.

This is a paying gig - we get a fee from the organisers, so there is free entry for us and crisp £10 to every one who turns up and participates fully. (This is usually a very busy event, so let's try to give it OUR best!)

I will post further info as I get it.

Cheers, Frank.
Frank Wright

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

FrankW
...Oooh! Forgot to also mention that the EKG meeting at Wick park on the same day is still on for those who cannot make it to Royston.
Frank Wright

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

Turboman
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

andywalker6@sky.com
Hi

What Sort of Kites is it best to bring?

Single Line and Laundry

Dual Line

Quad Line

Regards

Andy

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

FrankW
This is what Mark, our webmaster, wrote about Royston last year:

"Each year the Essex Kite Group gets an invite to fly and promote our club at the Royston Kite Festival, a charity event in aid of Willow, who arrange 'special days for seriously ill young adults'.
The event is usually very well supported, fairly easy to get to and makes a great day out...

...Alongside the main area there's a large field where kites can be flown all day and the Essex Kite Group will be expected to display a selection of kites in the arena.. about 15 minutes of standing around with a kite on a short line - that's all. There's also an altitude sprint competition if you'd like to take part, it can't be too hard because even I won it a couple of years back!

Throughout the day there are kite displays, stalls and other attractions going on, food wagons and of course ice-cream vans....

...Enthusiastic EKG helpers and flyers will get a contribution towards their fuel costs."

So, unless I hear something different it will be the same format :)
Frank Wright

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

The simple answer is any thing you got is good

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

Turboman
Silly me it clashes with some thing els so will not be at this one. Very disappointed as this one is a goodun. Just my flipping luck.

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

FrankW
Just a note to remind all those who are coming some of the arrangements for the event.

Basically, they are the same as last year and I have copied the event organisers email from last year to remind both me and everyone else of these arrangements...

“...If you are bringing a gazebo/tent, please make sure you can anchor it. We don't want it taking off over Royston. Also please ensure any guy ropes are clearly marked with flutter tape and/or cones. Don't forget that you do need to bring your own tables and chairs. We have requested that you set up your stalls between 9.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m. If you wish to arrive a bit earlier that will be fine, but not too early as we need time to do a certain amount of work in the arena field first…

...There is a large parking area (free) adjacent to the arena field. The nearest postcode is SG8 5BG.
You will be met on arrival at the entrance to the arena field by a Rotarian who will give you the number of your pitch and give directions to it.”

There is also a bit about removing cars from the field after 10AM - but as kite fliers, we are allowed to park behind our gazebo. But note, there is no movement after the show starts or before it ends, so if you want to leave early please use the free parking provided.

Finally, there is a fee paid to the club and the rules about who gets a portion of the monies are the same as last year as well. At the committees discretion the club will pay £10 towards fuel for every EKG member that drives to the event and fully participates in the event though out the day.

Kind regards, Frank.
Frank Wright

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

andywalker6@sky.com
I don't think I can make it now until 1pm is that OK?

Re: Royston Kite Festival - 7th August

Mark
That's fine, come when you can.
Remember you will have to park in the main car park, show your club badge and you should get in without any fee.