Rescue

Turboman
Ernie will have to let us have a report on how he lost his bird kites at sea and had to be rescued by the French.

Re: Rescue

willibob
where was the post John and are there any pics
Yes the crows were unfortunately cut from the sky about ten foot from their anchor. I was chatting to a fellow kiter when an Indian fighter drifted by us only feet from the ground when my colleague said I think that !*"^! cut your line. At that instant I noticed my line marker tumbling to the ground and the crows floating away towards the sea. I immediately gave chase but they were already in the water five in the water and five flying high dragging the rest out to sea.
Having the fighter competition guys behind us around the arena I ran back up the beach while Sandra stayed at the waters edge in the hope that the Indian guy's I had been talking to earlier were still there and could help. They were not but the Brazilian team were, so I approached one of them for help to retrieve my crows which were now well away from the shore, we had a language problem but that was soon resolved as others in the team were fluent in English and the rescue was on its way.
While the one flying retrieved his head stick Brazilian fighter another ran for some stronger line while another changed the line. With all six in tow one feeding the line off the drum for the flyer by the time we got back to the beach the rescue kite was already 2-3 hundred metre's away and almost on to the crows. At that point I knew my beloved crows were coming back and the rescue kite was manoeuvred into position  wrapping around the lines The team then slowly pulled the kites back to shore and very kindly untangled the birds nest of lines and sea weed. After 30 mins all ten crows were aloft. I will always be grateful to my new found friends of the Brazilian fighter competition team they were magnificent and took the top 2 positions in the competition the existing world champ finishing second on the day.

Re: Rescue

Turboman
Hi Ernie yes there was a video of the whole thing with the guys walking down the beach and the whole rescue was on the video it was not until I watched it the second time I see you and Sandra. I will find the vid on Facebook and get back to you

Re: Rescue

Turboman
Kite Way

Re: Rescue

Turboman
This is a very good video showing a good kite rescue worth watching with the intrepid pair as the stars