One Sky One World - 2013

Mark
This year the One Sky One World event is taking place on Sunday October the 13th and is a world-wide event.
More information about the event and it's purpose is available HERE.

Would any members be interested in getting together at a designated place and doing our bit to get a shed load of kites in the air?
Perhaps we could also set up a table in the shelter and bring along some eats?

Hylands Park seems to be free of events that day, any other venue suggestions or ideas for this event?

Also, does the club have any ready made 'workshop' kites available for sale on such a day? Kids could still do the decorating bit with minimal supervision... just an idea.

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

willibob
Yes Mark I was going to put a similar post up for OSOW and glad you had the idea as well.
Hylands is a good venue for such an event and is central.
The Club does not have any kites made up and I am very busy at present. However the idea is good but who is going to man the kite selling and decorating ? Can't fly and sell kites at the same time. KIds need supervision as the parents don't give any.

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

Flybig
Yes i"ll be for it

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

gorilla69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER.
EKG WebMaster

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

Flybig
What bad weather?, just stopped kite buggying in the SUNSHINE

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
The event was scheduled for Sunday the 13th, not today and the decision was based on available information...

Off course, you can still go and do your bit if you like. Hylands is not the best of places in the wet though, especially the area where we normally fly
EKG WebMaster

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

Flybig
Well i flown a kite at 3pm for OSOW on a sunny beach

Re: One Sky One World - 2013

Mark
Well done you, I did a bit of indoor flying myself, well... actually I tripped - but it was all for a good cause and I've got something to prove it.

Happy birthday John for later in the week... in case I forget