ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

thekiteden
As most of you know by now that poor Martin Corey has been diagnosed with a neurological disorder and in a very poor way...Martin has been in the kiting world for many many years running the Suffolk kite festival and club and going to all the festivals around the U.k...He has contributed more then anyone I know in the kite world and is a wonderful family man.In his honor I am going to organize a 'ONE SKY ONE MARTIN' kite day.
 Sunday October the 6th at the Greensward Frinton on sea CO13 9DN if this is cancelled for weather reasons it will be re arranged for the 20TH,the reason for the venue at Frinton is because Martin loved it there and with the toilets and plenty of parking,huge green area and usually nice winds it is the ideal venue to have this VERY SPECIAL DAY KITING in his honor,this is going to replace my 'one sky one world' event.For those of you that would like to camp I will arrange it at point clear near my house and keep you all updated on this thread as the plans come together..Please try and book your diary for this special event and let me know if you will be coming ...spread the word for me around all your kiting friends let all know,I am planning to do a video for Martin from all his kite flying buddies on the day for him to see.Full up to date info can be found in the kite dens forum events section....

Re: ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

graeme
Hello Rob,
              Sad news about Martin,   I plan on being there, cleared the calender, even got the car.
Elvis, my pet mouse has died,        he was caught in a trap

Re: ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

Flybig
Hi Rob I will be there

Re: ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

Flybig
Who else is going?

Re: ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

Mark
Possibly for me.. it's a nice place to fly and given the right weather - it should be a big and colourful display

Re: ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

Flybig
Been a very good days flying here,sunshine and clean winds and loads of kite flyers from Kent, Suffolk snd Essex

Re: ONE SKY ONE MARTIN

graeme
 Really enjoyable day, light winds (more than I had at home) and a large expance of green to play on. Even with the size of the flying area, I struggled to find a spare bit of sky to put up more kites. Met lots of new people, the crew up from Kent had a quiver of beautiful/ quality kites between them, everything from an Ostend bird train to a cracking Welsh dragon inflatable.
 Came away with a new crab inflatable, that improves my line of fish, thanks Rob
On the subject of thanking people, Rob arranged a great flying area, laid on a shelter, provided an extensive free buffet, gave free mini kites to the public (all out of his own pocket) and ran around making sure everyone had a good time, including the flyers. Lyn - played the hostess, making sure people had enough to eat and kept the kettle boiling, no mean feat keeping me (and others) supplied with tea over the day
Thanks to everyone for a really good day and making me feel welcome. If Martin could have been there, I sure it would have the highlight of his year.
 Best framed kite of the day for me was a stunning french military/ double Coyne (can someone please tell me the difference, I was corrected), inflatable - that Welsh dragon (both Kent)
Elvis, my pet mouse has died,        he was caught in a trap