Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Mark
Can someone please confirm where the 2nd June Old Codgers meeting will be held please.

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Turboman
I think they make it up as they go along. I met Courtney this week at Hainault. Only for a short while as June has been Ill, on the mend now.

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Mark
This week we had a new member turn up at the wrong (advertised) place after 3 hours of bus and train journeys.
There needs to be a better way of informing people where the meeting is. if it's to be ad-hoc.

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Turboman
Its always best to check first like make a phone call or tex because you cant always guarantee it's going to happen especially if your on public transport. I normally contact Ernie or Courtney just to make sure. If the weather is not looking to good I won't go so best to check first.

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Malcolm
Hi i did think about phoning one of the members but who and who are the old Codgers? Would it be possible to have their number to check with a text before leaving? The only phone number i have is Mr. Vernon Read which i found on the back paged of Kite Wings. Would he have that information to hand or would he have to phone around for my answer. I did write to Vernon by email but i didn’t get reply. But he did say at the time he was having problems with spam, so i thought i would ask him at the next meeting. Malcolm

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Turboman
The old codgers are mainly Courtney Colin Ernie and some times me. I have not attending meetings so much this year as other things have got in the way. Any body is welcome and meet every Tuesday normally at Hainault or Thorndon Park on alternate Tuesdays bit it's not set in stone as to keep it flexible. If Ernie is away then Courtney and I will go to Hainault as it's closer that why you need to check. I will try and PM you a number so in future you can contact one of us.

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Sorry you had a wasted journey but the old codgers has been a little disrupted these last 2 weeks Colin has been away Courtney had a scrape with his car on the way to old codgers the other week and I Ernie had been away to the Margam kite festival. However we hope to get back flying asap  especially as we have a new person wanting to join us. Unfortunately I cannot make next Tuesday but hopefully Courtney will and the meet will be at Hainault weather permitting.

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

Will be at Hainault weather permitting

Re: Next Old Codgers meeting place?

I have made contact with Malcolm and given him my mobile number. Email sent to Ernie and Courtney re phone numbers.