Loughton Fun Day

Turboman
I have been looking through the council Webb site of the above and cant find a single mention of us being there. I bet a pound to pinch of poop there will not be a roped off area for us to fly.

Re: Loughton Fun Day

Turboman
Looking through various Face Book site I put up a comment that we will be there putting on a display. Hopefully.

Re: Loughton Fun Day

Mark
This post was updated on .
I looked for something a few weeks ago and found nothing, Sunday evening whilst updating our website I looked again and not mention of kites. I think last year there was a poster being circulated?

Looking at the clubs photo gallery for Jessel Green last year the club certainly put on a good display, a very large and colourful display, something you're likely not going to miss.. or forget.

Jessel Green Fun Day

(Edited for spelling)

Re: Loughton Fun Day

FrankW
Frank Wright

Re: Loughton Fun Day

FrankW

Re: Loughton Fun Day

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
I have uploaded a few photos from today's event to our photo gallery site:
http://photos.essexkitegroup.co.uk/#!album-55

This was my first time attending this annual event, I had read from last year that it was well attended - and this year was no exception.
We had a nice little group of kite flyers and we put on a good display of various and colourful kites from the top of the field. The wind was certainly from a good direction which put our kites in the direction of the public event but the downside was that the length of our lines plus our hilltop height meant that the kites were.. well, pretty high.
The Essex Kite Group Information/Help Desk and kite sales department were manned by Daphne in the Quechua shelter and I hear we made several sales all of which seemed to be flying very well indeed - so happy customers all around.
It was nice to see a few people I'd not met before & I heard a new member had signed up. It's also so nice to see families getting involved with kiting and I was able to assist Nick & his daughter with their 2 line kites.
This was the first time I had seen the 2 new club banners, they looked great and Frank did a good job with their design with the printing and construction being done by Kites Up.
All in all, a great event and one to look out for next year.
Mark
EKG WebMaster

Re: Loughton Fun Day

FrankW
A great day! Thanks for the pictures Mark.
Frank Wright