Loughton Fun Day - 17th July 2016

FrankW
Hi All,

Please find attached a poster and a site map for the Loughton event on the 17th.

As you can see, the event itself starts at midday. There is no reserved parking, but parking on the streets around the green is free. It would be a good idea to get there earlier to find a suitable parking location to avoid unnecessary lugging of kiting kit. Daphne and myself will be there from around 10.30AM.

The kite making team will be located in one of the tea tents at the bottom of the green (opposite the pub - lucky devils!). The demonstration/show kites will be located at the top of the green (actual location will depend on the wind direction of course - I will issue wind and weather updates on this EKG forum and Facebook nearer the date).

Post code for the event is IG10 2EQ.

As this venue appears to be right in the heartland of our membership base, the committee hopes that we will have a good turnout of members. Let’s make it a success so that the council will hopefully repeat it and we can have this as a regular event in future!

Cheers, Frank.

Jessel_Green_poster.pdf

jessel_green_site_map.pdf
Frank Wright

Re: Loughton Fun Day - 17th July 2016

FrankW
I have added a Google Maps screen shot showing the streets and flying area:

Google_Earth.pdf
Frank Wright

Re: Loughton Fun Day - 17th July 2016

Turboman
This post was updated on .
I went to the venue today after a chat with Frank and its excellent flying wise right on top of a hill and I do mean on top of a hill when you go there you just keep going up. It does not matter which way the wind is blowing because your on top you can see for miles. I was so surprised when I went there as I have not seen this place before. Parking wise if you're going I would get there quite sharp. As I think it may fill up quite quickly then you will have a longer walk to carry your kites. The best spot is by the children's swings (from Franks Map Colbrook Lane)  which is on the opposite side of the hill from the pub, not so far to carry the gear. If you park by the pub which is the place where all the action is Tea tent  Kite Making etc  you're going to have to hump the gear up to the top, not far but you will puff a bit by the time you get  there as I said its on top of a hill.  Daphne and I are all right as we are quite slim as for you others good luck.
This is a fantastic find. Well, done Frank.

Re: Loughton Fun Day - 17th July 2016

FrankW
It is more thanks to our membership secretary John. I think this will be a good event!
Frank Wright

Re: Loughton Fun Day - 17th July 2016

Turboman
Opps wrong man thanks to Membership Sec. I think you're right Frank this one has big possibilities  with it being right on top of a hill. The only downside is the lack of toilets unless we can use the  ones in the Pub. On Sunday im sure some thing has been sorted out. But for possible future events some investigation is required. Hope to see loads of you there Start praying to the weather god its going to be good

Re: Loughton Fun Day - 17th July 2016

FrankW
Weather for Sunday is "Partly sunny with 8-10MPH winds from the west-north-west."

Looking good!
Frank Wright