Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

Mark
With the help of a few members from neighbouring kite clubs and a good turn out of the public and their kites this years Layer Marney Kite Festival turned out pretty well.
Turbulent winds from the nearby trees made it a bit of a challenge at times but all afternoon there was a good selection of colourful kites in the air including those made in the kite making workshop situated in the long hall and the ones Frank and Daphne were selling to aid club funds.
It was a spectacle to see the dragon kite come alive in the sky though it did look quite hard work!
Thanks to all who contributed to this event.
I expect Frank may have a few pictures but here's a couple from my phone;
My new Hub...

The dragon kite...

Re: Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

Turboman
Who owns the dragon kite. Looks nice. I see you have a new tent Mike. I have just finished painting the out side of the house and had a long drive on Saturday and was just to bloody nackered to come.

Re: Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

FrankW
A good day, mainly thanks to visitors from other kite clubs and individual display kiters.

... and of course the general public, who turned up in good numbers and flew kites with great enthusiasm.

Thanks to all those who did attend, and a special thank you to the the kite workshop team!

Layer Marney Tower images can be found here: Images
Frank Wright

Re: Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

Mark
John, Tim Rohn's dragon kite.
We had another member looking to join from your neck of the woods.

Great job on the photo's Frank. One of these days I'll take my camera.. but normally I have enough other gear as it is.

Re: Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

Turboman
Out of curiosity any idea whet they cost and where do they come from

Re: Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

young pete
rolf Zimmerman kites,only 6,000 euros !how many would you like ?

Re: Layer Marney Towers Kite Festival - 4th September 2016

Turboman
Kin/el is that all I will have a couple. I think I will stick to the little ones thats a bit cheaper. Thanks for the reply.