Layer Marney Kite Festival, Sept 4th added to 2016 calendar

Layer Marney Kite Festival, Sept 4th added to 2016 calendar

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
Please note that there has been a change made to our events calendar, the Layer Marney Kite Festival has been added and is scheduled for September the 4th 2016.

There was a meeting on that day at Hylands Park but members are requested to support the Layer Marney event instead. It's a great place to fly and is normally well supported.

Arrive 10:30 (ish) and remember to have your EKG club membership cards with you as they get you free access to the site on the day.

Manually add this event to the events page on the back page of the recent Kite Wings magazine, it doesn't automatically update itself for some reason.
EKG WebMaster

Re: Layer Marney Kite Festival, Sept 4th added to 2016 calendar

Turboman
This post was updated on .
We are going there on Thursday for lunch and a guided tour plus afternoon tea. This is with a social club we belong to. It was my suggestion last year that we go there. So an early visit.

Re: Layer Marney Kite Festival, Sept 4th added to 2016 calendar

Turboman
We went to Layer Marney Towers and it was brilliant. As I said in my first post we went there with the Upminster fellowship. We arrived to a very warm welcome with coffee and cake then into the sunshine out in the courtyard, yes real sunshine for a talk about the tower from the owner Mrs Charrington. She is a very accomplished speaker and her talk is very hands on. She explained the history and what its like to live and work in the Towers with lots of humour. Our group loved every minuet of it. Then an excellent lunch followed by a talk from one of the staff in the church followed by cream scones and coffee. They know how to look after you. And the chatter in the coach on the way back was what a fantastic day we have had and how good the day was with a great guided tour. I would recommend a visit their any time. We are looking forward to going again in September. I spoke to the good lady about September and she is very enthusiastic about EKG. You cant get any better than that.