Hylands Park 20th July 14

willibob
Hylands 20th july
Arrived early 09.30 to find Reg, Dee, & Keith already there but unfortunately the wind hadn’t arrived or not in any quantity.
 After a kick about with the dog (using a ball not the dog) Reg decided to leave and try to find the wind at Frinton.
John & June arrived closely followed by Courtney & Lynn, Daphne & Frank. The wind was starting to show although not enough for the lifters but the ultalight  Dunton Taylor  was  happy & Keith with his Asda Delta showed promise.  Daphne tried to launch her new Flowform2 an Ebay steel, but not enough wind yet.
Midday approaching and more arrivals, Vernon & Margret, followed by Marc Bridge making up a good party and time for a lunch break.
After Lunch the wind improved enough for my lifter the PL type bag which took to the air with ease but not enough lift to load the line with laundry however enough to test my 2m Kio fish taken from one of Courtney’s who kindly loaned the original to me.
Tony Gilbey arrived as more kites were taking to the air Courtney with his roks Vernon with his fluk’s, Delta’s from Tony and Keith. The flowform2 & assorted stick kites from Daphne & Frank making a reasonable display but all good things come to an end with a large thunder cloud forming in the distance and with the rumble of thunder all kites were taken down and packed away as large spots of rain started to dampen things down.
The day turned out better than expected with a good show of members better than the previous meeting at wick. But it was a good job we all packed away quickly as the heavens opened soon after leaving the field & continuing into the evening causing flooding over the route of the storm.
Seeing the news later it seemed Southend & Canvey had taken the brunt of the storm with extensive flooding into property.

Next club meeting Cudmore grove.