Hornchurch 15th May

FrankW
I received this email from Vernon, our membership secretary, who went to the new Hornchurch venue on Sunday:

"Hi Frank, Just had to let you know that today was a complete success, for those of us who were there of course. The site has the area of the mown part of Wick. It is flat (being the remains of Hornchurch airfield, it would be), the grass was short and the ground even and most important , NO CAR PARK CHARGES. It is fair to say that the car park is not too big so that I had to drive round slowly until someone drove out, and of course, as already mentioned, I think at the AGM, the  car park is a maybe two or three hundred yards away from the field but this didn't seem to be a problem. A very interesting visitor centre with gifts, books, a good coffee shop and for me, being interested in WWII RAF airfields, a large photo display and a list of all the road names showing how they were named after RAF personnel.

In attendance, Margaret & Vernon, Phil & Michael Hulson, Mr X and the Saunders family. We were joined in the early afternoon by Maurice and his family. At one time, there were six/seven kites in the air (some were members of the public).

In conclusion, one of my most enjoyable afternoons and we will certainly go there again.

I also got two more members, one new and one rejoining ..."

Looks like this new venue may have legs after all :)

Frank.
Frank Wright

Re: Hornchurch 15th May

willibob
Glad the meeting was a success and the site looks to be a runner. Good of Vernon to send a report of the site