Great Bentley Carnival Sat 29th June

willibob
A great thankyou to Courtney, Marc B, Mark T, Kieth M, Graham L, Harry S, Sandra W, & Tony G for coming along to represent EKG and support the Canival event. Colin from The Haven flyers also joined us and put on a great show with his quad kite flying
Harry his son Edwin,  Mark T and myself also entered the carnival procession and came second in the Adult walking class with our bird kites on poles & Harry with his Prof Waldorf kite .
However we had to concetrate with the poles as I have never known a village or town to have so many overhead electricity lines crossing the roads.
Spectators lined the streets and fun was had flying the birds low almost into the crowd which pleased those with small children.
Fun is what Carnival is about and the carnival commitee put great effort into making a full afternoons entertainment in the ring. Football competition ran all day, Stalls of all description, Pony rides. Fun fair and EKG providing a back drop of colourful kites and ground display.
The weather was great for a carnival but a bit short on wind for us so we were not able to show of our lifters & line laundry and the Delta's, Rok's hat we did fly needed constant attention. But kites were in the sky all afternoon and we had enquiries from 3 other village canival organisers for next year so I will be looking for support again next year. Thanks a lot Ern

Re: Great Bentley Carnival Sat 29th June

Mark
What a great event, thoroughly enjoyed the day - especially taking part in the procession.
Carried my camera with me all day but didn't take any pictures so I'm hoping some of you can post/forward yours.
Special thanks to KM for picking me up & saving me hours public transport misery.
Mark