Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
What a wonderfully friendly and relaxed atmosphere event!

Felixstowe Kite Festival held at Felixstowe International College. Kite displays, drone demonstrations, dog agility demo, majorettes, craft fair, classic/vintage cars and Jazz music.
A Rotary Club organised event.

See pictures from the event on the clubs photo gallery:
http://photos.essexkitegroup.co.uk/#!album-53
EKG WebMaster

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

FrankW
A new event in this area that deserves our support to succeed.

I was a bit worried about the venue before we arrived. Too small? Too sheltered from the wind? But the geography worked a treat as it is on the crest of a hill with the sea on two sides, and the local residents said that it is rare not to catch a breeze.

In all, a great day. No pressure, and lots to do and see - including some lovely cars, dogs, live music, drones, and dancing.

Frank Wright

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

Mark
Anyone know the web address of the drone club?

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

Mark
Visit Felixstowe Facebook page have several videos and pictures from the event

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

Yes Mark I agree a most relaxing atmosphere helped by the warm sunny day. Like Frank I was a little apprehensive about the venue having looked on google earth it looked rather compact surrounded by trees but it was fine, the trees weren't too high and there was plenty of room.
The rotary had worked hard to put on their first festival and I'm sure it was appreciated by all taking part. A great day and I look forward to attending next year

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

Turboman
I would have liked to have gone to this but unfortunately I was away up country. Was it a one day or two day event. and did anybody go for the two days.

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

Mark
It was a one day event... ... ... information about the event was discussed at the AGM, it's listed on the back page of the clubs latest KiteWings magazine, it's on the clubs website, on this forum, on Facebook, Kite Calendar, on the event organisers website and off course a Google search would produce results... but being up north I can see how you easily missed it.

Definitely an event to look out for next year.

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017

Turboman
Ask a simple question

Re: Felixstowe Kite Festival - May 2017