Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
EKG WebMaster

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Turboman
This is the one that clashes with ours. Layer Marney.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

So it is going ahead then. Last I heard after the initial enquiry from kite weekenders was that it was thought 2018 would be more realistic due to clashes with other events  But obviously funding has been acquired  and the promoter is keen to get a real kite fest in Essex. It's a pity EKG as club is not able to take a leading part in an event such as this.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
I was surprised to receive this poster... then felt stupid as I explained I didn't even know the event was on.
Looking forward to seeing these 50 big kites.

John, it's a 2 day event so you can go to both.
EKG WebMaster

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

willibob
I would have been surprised also Mark as I was contacted February time and hinted at our AGM that something may be  on the cards then went cold. Where did you get the poster from.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

EKG WebMaster
Administrator
The poster came from a craft unit at the Barleylands Craft Village, the manager knew I flew kites and asked if we were involved in it
Judging by the coffee cup stains on it, they weren't too interested.

Normally with anything like this, on the poster you would see mentions of what kite groups/individuals/demonstrations are involved.. but nothing on this one.

I hope this doesn't mean we will be lacking supporting kite flyers at the Layer Marney Kite Festival on the Sunday.
EKG WebMaster

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Turboman
I heard a few comments about this at the last event I went to. I won't put them in print, but lets put it this way I won't be rushing to pay £10 to park to view 50 kites, oomph,  that may or may be not in the air. Hope the weather is good so I can see you all at Layer Marney. Where we have actually been invited to to fly.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Turboman
Has any body heard how this went or did anyone go.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Mark
I haven't heard anything but theere's a chance I might be going to teh craft village at Barleylands tomorrow, if so I'll make a few enquiries.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Turboman
Iv heard it was not very good

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Mark
From what I heard, there were a lot of complaints and anyone arriving on foot were denied access.
Poor display not helped by the weather esp. Sunday afternoon.
There's more but I won't post it on a public forum.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Turboman
Hi Mark I have sent you a couple of emails are you receiving them

Hi John, yes I have received them, I have replied to one and posted your pictures in the clubs photo gallery.

Re: Essex Kitefest - September 9th & 10th 2017

Turboman
Have seen pic but no email