Cressing Temple Barns

FrankW
A much better day than the weather forecast predicted. There was some rain showers in the morning and the wind was marginal. But after that the wind freshened and at one time we had eleven kites in the air. I think it was a great venue, with good facilities, that could have only been improved by some sunshine. Did I mention that we could park anywhere on the field and fly from the cars?

What did the others who made an appearance think?

Pictures are HERE
Frank Wright

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Mark
As always, thanks for posting the pictures.

I think this site has a lot going for it, plenty big enough and as you say - park on the field.. though there is a parking charge. The coffee shop looks very popular indeed and I hear that the conveniences are very clean and tidy.

I'm glad I decided to stay, despite a bit of rain early on, it turned out to be a good day flying with unusually smooth winds for inland, my kites stayed up the whole time. Nice to see new members and their kites plus Vernon with his new topless mermaid.

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Turboman
In my opinion I think this is the best site there is. As said above the restaurant serves food of a high quality the toilets are of a high standard. The flying field is excellent and you can park on it with no problems and a big plus every thing is close.  There was a wedding going on but that had no effect on our flying or the use of the site. We could not use the site if there was an exhibition going on because the flying field would be full of cars. If any body would like an impromptu fly on any week end when the weather is suitable or even in the week when nothing is going on their count me in as it's a great day out. Obviously a phone call to the venue first is wise. Get there early for a full english breakfast.

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Turboman
Sorry forgot to add a big pat on the back for organising this day out plus getting the venue. This one should definitely go on the list for next year.

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

kgallifant
Franks it's a nice place to fly and the site you get for a whole day (if you like) for a fiver is not too bad in our opinion. Thanks for the photo's as ever, you caught me a good one looking happy again ;-) My son Luke and future daughter in law Lydia are now paid up members. Lydia was thrilled to fly her fist kite "the Shark".

My son Luke has yet to get his first kite so can anyone recommend anything?

Best regards
Kevin Gallifant

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Flybig
I had a very good day at the Cressing Tenple,and sorry to Daphine for a line tangle,but i could not see her kite line.It is quieter through the week days and no events going on,have to have another meeting here again.

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

As everyone agreed a fine venue and when we get suitable conditions there is space to put on a spectacular fly with the added bonus of using the car as the anchor and all the gear at hand without having to hump it.
The facilities are first class with clean toilets and a Tiptree jams eatery adjacent to the field
Great to see everyone again and welcome to the new members

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Kevin.
Don't rush into anything for Luke thee is a huge choice so my advice is to look and try with the members at the meets so he can decide if he is into single, 2 , 4 liners or fighters.
Ernie

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Turboman
Doesn't matter what you get for your fist kite because you will soon get another then another then another then another I think you get my drift good luck

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

FrankW
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I think this venue will definitely be on our itinerary for next year - and maybe more than just the once :)

There was a fair bit of negotiation involved with the venue events manager to fit us in between exhibitions this year, but she loved our kite display, and that was without us flying any of our members crowd pleasing show kites! She will be in for a real treat if we are lucky enough to pick a better weather day next time :)
Frank Wright

Re: Cressing Temple Barns

Turboman
Being an ex events organiser myself I know how difficult fitting us in to a quite spot. Because she could get a last minuet booking to fill a gap and we get the elbow. If you can get us back in at any time then great. If they have a quite weekend at any time it may be worth considering swapping from a venue thats probably not quite so popular to Cressing. Just a thought.