Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

willibob
Capstone kites and bikes is on again Anyone joining me to represent the club.
Usual H&S Rules. On the field before 10.00 and no movement of vehicles till 16.30 If you can't abide by the rules park in the car park
  Capstone Country Park ME7 3JG
Lets hope its a good day and decent winds

Re: Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

Mark
Sorry, not this time. It clashes with our family reunion BBQ extravaganza. Can't miss that!

For anyone else thinking of going, it's a good event to attend.
Funny that I mentioned that event only yesterday to someone, last time I went there.. there was early morning mist/cloud & my white kite  was flying in the clouds and water was streaming down my kite line.

Edit: Wahoo! 100 posts

Re: Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

Mark
How was the event?
Here we only had a very light breeze in the morning, it strengthened while we were cooking (typical ) the straight after died right down.

Re: Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

Turboman
June and John could not go as both sick with heavy colds at the moment. Sat in the sun for a while which was nice with a good breeze with me stating the obvious should be good kite flying today

Re: Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

Sorry its late Mark, thought I had posted a reply. However as everywhere the winds were on the light side but overall it was the best Capstone for many a year. We were bathed in sunshine all day and it was very well attended by the public.
There were more attractions this year with a demonstration by the Essex Dog Team of what can be achieved with rescue dogs plus bouncy castles and Children's rides. KKF did well with their kite stall and by the afternoon the sky was full of Children's kites.
However the day for club flyers started slow with light zero's & Ninja's until 11 ish when there was enough wind to launch the lifters on light line but it was up and down for a while. Brighton flyers put up their  Zimmerman Dragon and the PL Crocodile while I persevered with my 1.5 & 2mtr koi fish and eventually the 4mtr koi. The Kent flyers, a dozen or so all told flew some very nice deltas and stick kites as well as line laundry and inflatables. An excellent day and great meeting up with the Kent guys again. Hope we can do it again next year.

Re: Capstone Kites & Bikes Sunday 20th sept 2015

Mark
It's a shame that more of our members don't fly at events like this, it's not like it's that far..