2014 Christmas Party at Wick Country Park

2014 Christmas Party at Wick Country Park

Mark
The clubs Christmas party was a little earlier this year & was not as well attended as previous years, there were a few apologies so I guess that evens things out a little.
When I walked Ben early morning in Chelmsford, we had a little bit of wind so I assumed Wick would be better by the time I got there. Wrong!
I was the first to arrive, the heating was turned on and I set out the tables and chairs in anticipation of someone else arriving soon...
Father Christmas and his helper (Ernie & Sandra) arrived first then Daphne & Frank, Courtney & Lynn, Colin, Marc & Margaret & Vernon.
Daphne & Frank ventured out on to the field to try their hands at light wind flying, one succeeded for a while but gravity was the dominant issue.
Inside we heard the Fuerteventura holiday exploits & Ernie flicked through some of his cameras pictures, it all looked & sounded very tempting.
The DIY buffet lunch as always was a great success, we had a very good spread of food but as always we only seem able to eat only half of it, maybe we're all too polite.
Festive music played in the background & after the buffet we had a raffle.. one of the items on the table was an octopus kite kindly donated earlier in the morning (sorry I forgot your name).
I had to depart early for another engagement.. so perhaps someone can write the second part of this report?

Re: 2014 Christmas Party at Wick Country Park

Turboman
Sorry June and John did not go as we are not very well, both down with chesty colds and still struggling to get over it,  plus I had a trip into hospital for an operation so were not even thinking of moving out of the house. Glad you all had a riot of a time. Happy Christmas.

Re: 2014 Christmas Party at Wick Country Park

Mark
Hope you are feeling better.

Merry Christmas.

Re: 2014 Christmas Party at Wick Country Park

Bighal
Hello all
Sorry we didn't make it to the party.
and sorry we are not around at the moment.
Been feeling abit under the weather, and lots of things going on with Edwin and school.
Hope to see you all soon.
Best wishes
Isa Harry and Edwin